Hi friends Today I like to share some readings which I have read in my childhood days. Even though I have memorized the poem well in my 2nd standard I know nothing about the poem. It is Aathichudi. Aathichudi is written by Auvaiyar. Some popular scholars say that there lived many Auvaiyars in the different time period. So all Auvaiyars are not the same. The one who shared gooseberry fruit with Adhiyaman may be different from the one who sang songs for Lord Murugan..
Bharathi’s favorite poet is Auvaiyar. He preferred Auvaiyar rather than Thiruvalluvar because Thiruvalluvar conveyed his message using 7 words where as Auvaiyar conveyed the same message just in 2 words. That doesn’t mean Auvaiyar is better than Thiruvalluvar because he wrote about many topics and so he needed similar style to convey all messages.
Now let us focus on what Auvaiyar said in first 5 poems.
- She ask us to be a morally good. Our virtue should be wise. She does not ask us to do good deeds to needy people but ask us to do it with interest. Always feel happy to help is her message. Nowadays many of us are helping others but we do it on compulsion or by expecting something from the receiver. Either in money or in popularity but not with a true wish. She asks us to be ready to help others readily and be in joy to do it.
- Try to reduce your anger. She knows that anger is not avoidable for all human beings and only some exceptional people can live without it. All people are dominated with violence and anger. She ask that just to control it and to reduce it.
- Third poem is similar to the first one. It also explains about being generous. First poem speaks about both goods and services whereas the third poem talks only about goods. If someone asks for an object which you do possess please don’t hide it. She does not mean you should donate everything you have. She meant you should donate if you have something which is not mandatory for you right now. It may bring you some comfort. Sometime it may bring luxury to you. But if it is necessary for some other person then you should surely be donating it without hiding.
- Even if you are not donating anything you should be silent when someone donates a needy person. You should not be a hindrance for the donation. You should not feel envy about that transaction. You may not have the object which the donor donates. If the receiver needs the object necessarily you should remain silent while donating. But if you find the receiver is cheating the donor then you may stop such donations.
- You should not be explaining about the richness of yours. You may be rich or poor, never say what you have just for show off. Should not make others envy on you. Be simple. You need not hide while donating. At the same time should not show what assets you have. In today’s lifestyle, everyone wants to show off what they have, which is highly condemned by
- Do anything bravely. You may do anything but always you should be brave. But remember that your actions should not bother anyone. If it is a right thing then don’t fear for anyone. Be courageous.
- Never ever ignore mathematical and literary knowledge. Numbers and words are the most important things. Always aspire to learn both of them. Learn mathematics and language by using all your opportunities. Don’t underestimate the power of mathematics and language.
- Never accept any donations. It is an ill habit. Accept donations only if you are unable to earn it. Auvaiyar wants to discourage misuse of donations so she advises all not to receive anything until you can’t earn it anymore. If you are able to earn something but unwilling to work for it and simply begging for it will bring you disgrace.
- Before having food always try to donate a part of your food to some old age people or to some physically challenged persons. Persons around you should not be in hungry while you were eating. Sharing is caring. Share your food.
- Do what world does. Don’t act too unique. Accept some common identities of people. I don’t go with this thought. We should be unique and can be outstanding. if the world accepts a thing it is not mandatory for us to follow that. World may accept slavery. It is not compulsory for us to follow that. If it is right we can do what everyone does if it is evil we should spot the mistake.
As of now I have read 10 poems and have thought about those poems. Will read other lines and will share my views about those lines as soon as possible.